Re: [LUG] Scribus - I think I'm winning the battle...

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So after spending most of yesterday playing with it, google, wiki, etc.
> going through all your comments and so on, I'm now at the point where I can
> actually put together a few pages of something similar to what my wife wants
> to produce using publisher - and I got her to use it again and we went
> through some things.
>
> Simply forwarding comments you've made to my wife doesn't actually seem to
> work. It seems that when things are sufficiently different to what she's
> used to, then confusion ensues - and I suspect this is true for most people.
>
> Everything is (of-course) easy - when you know how! So we've mastered image
> rotation, typing text directly into boxes, putting boxes round things, even
> getting text to flow around a curve (although drawing the curve still
> remains something of a challenge)

This suggestion might seem daft after you have put all this effort in,
but I am pretty sure Inkscape could do all the above quite easily. I
found the interface easy to learn. Just a thought.

Best wishes
roly :-)