Re: [LUG] Version for converts/newbies

On 08/04/11 16:11, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Thank you for an interesting answer. I suspect you are right, everyone
will just come up with their favourite distro. I will think about what
you have said, and I think that I will decide to just go with what
pleases me and let everyone else just get on with it. In other words, I
will forget all about bothering to get anyone else to move over. That
will be a lot more restful, so thanks again,

I wouldn't forget about it, sure mention it to others, if they're interested then maybe give them a copy of what you're comfortable with (and maybe give them some assistance on installing it) or maybe refer them to a local LUG meeting or even suggest they pick up one of the Linux Format spin off magazines which come with a distro and a guide on how to install and use it.

Rob