Re: [LUG] New computer

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 16:45:02 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> Brad Rogers wrote:
> > YW and why should you?  How often do you actually add new users?
> Now I think about it, about five years ago!!

That was meant as a rhetorical question, but hey...

Thinking about it, I don't think I've *ever* added a user, except at
install time.

> > Obviously, opinions will differ.
> Yes, I can see that. However I am the first user, that is the one who
> set it up, so I am automatically the one who can use sudo. And to use

Somehow, I failed to get added to sudoers when I installed Debian on
this machine.  Had to do it manually.  No biggie, but puzzled me.

> kuser I need the root password. Still, thanks to the list members it
> was soon sorted.

I'm just surprised that a) I came up with the answer that was right for
you, and b) I got there first.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
The man in a tracksuit attacks me