Re: [LUG] New computer

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 13:26:39 +0100
Neil Winchurst<barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Neil,

Spot on, thanks. Two comments, 1 I should have remembered that one.

YW and why should you?  How often do you actually add new users?

Now I think about it, about five years ago!!

2 Even then I would expect it to be installed automatically. Not so, I
had to install it myself. How crazy is that?

IDK how Mint handles installation of stuff, but with Debian it's
possible to install a minimal (say) KDE which misses out a lot of
stuff.  As KUser is one of the more "harmful" pieces of admin software,
it's possibly prudent not to install by default.

Obviously, opinions will differ.

Yes, I can see that. However I am the first user, that is the one who set it up, so I am automatically the one who can use sudo. And to use kuser I need the root password. Still, thanks to the list members it was soon sorted.

Thanks again

Neil