Re: [LUG] Email clients for newbies

On 09/03/11 17:49, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Grant Sewell wrote:

The whole "where do I put deleted messages" thing can rear its head
though.  Particularly if you're viewing the same IMAP account on two
different computers with two different clients (or even the same client
but configured differently in two locations).

What have I missed here... When I delete an email, it's gone. That's sort of what deleted means... (and what backups are for!)

Gordon

In the windows world where no-one knows what they're doing 'delete' means stick it in another folder so I can get it back when I realise my actions were rash. Its a bit like this bloody wastebasket that appears on some linux desktops. 'Your running short of space shall I empty the waste basket' 'No I'm not running short of space you're behaving like a windows machine'
Tom te tom te tom