Re: [LUG] OT Vodaphone Not so Sure

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

On 02/03/11 21:21, Shaun Orchard wrote:

I think he is referring to the Vodafone Sure Signal - a femtocell box,
connects to your internet connection and provides a 3G signal for
several Vodafone devices (including broadband dongles, as useful as that
may be).

I have one, and it works quite well. I had problems when first using it
(see other email) but now it's fine.

Mostly aimed at people who get a non-existent/poor Vodafone signal, and
people on other networks who may switch to Vodafone on that basis.

Shaun

Ahh right yeah I've read about those. I like the idea of them but I didn't like the fact customers have to pay for them, then use their broadband allowances and pay for 3G data and calls on top! (from what I read a while back on The Register).

If it wasn't for that I'd consider something like that for myself as I get poor reception here (albeit on Three, and I'm not so sure if they do such a box yet).

They don't, and in all probability, won't due to not having enough free channels.

I've been doing some mobile network testing recently - my Voda signal, while good, but only 2G, (not even 2.5), keeps resetting regularly, even when not sending any data over it. It's probably just my base station, but based on that compard to the others I've tested here (O2 and Three so-far), I'd not give them the time of the day.

Gordon