Re: [LUG] OT Vodaphone Not so Sure

On 02/03/11 21:21, Shaun Orchard wrote:

I think he is referring to the Vodafone Sure Signal - a femtocell box,
connects to your internet connection and provides a 3G signal for
several Vodafone devices (including broadband dongles, as useful as that
may be).

I have one, and it works quite well. I had problems when first using it
(see other email) but now it's fine.

Mostly aimed at people who get a non-existent/poor Vodafone signal, and
people on other networks who may switch to Vodafone on that basis.

Shaun

Ahh right yeah I've read about those. I like the idea of them but I didn't like the fact customers have to pay for them, then use their broadband allowances and pay for 3G data and calls on top! (from what I read a while back on The Register).

If it wasn't for that I'd consider something like that for myself as I get poor reception here (albeit on Three, and I'm not so sure if they do such a box yet).

Rob