Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

This is from a scammed user from last year
<quote>
Kev
Do you know anything about an outfit called TEAM VIEW?
Every time my machine crashes I am invited to tick a few boxes on a
pop-up. Sometimes I tick the boxes, sometimes I don't. I thought that
We receive telephone calls quite often, I am sure that they are from
India, offering to put things right. i now think that these calls come a
day or two after I have click the report button. This afternoon I asked
them a few questions. They are called Team View 5 and they seemed to be
leading me towards getting software from them.When I was asked to click
on RUN on a download box I felt it unsafe to proceed further and backed
out. Are they genuine or are they selling anti virus software? How do
they get these reports?

</quote>