Re: [LUG] [Bulk] EXE LINUX

On 27/02/11 10:05, David Bell wrote:
On Saturday 26 February 2011 12:44:47 David Hare wrote:

Re the cd images (<700MB): They are not rebuilds, I do them from scratch
in chroot with custom scripts. They are deperate for some testers! I'll
make a seperate post on that at some stage.

In the meantime they can be got from:
http://exe-linux.fastfishwebsolutions.com/trinity/

Many Thanks David,

I installed Exe Linux on a P4 box and am very impressed. Fast iso download,
easy install and updates (via Synaptic). After playing around with it the
only fault I can find so far, merely as a user, is that the CUPS printer
set-up appears to be broken. I tried using my usual kdeadmin and System
routes to no avail and kept getting missing path messages.

Although I have now found the complete Debian archives and downloaded Lenny, I
shall keep Exe Linux on my "experimental" box in preference and watch
progress closely.

Thanks enormously for testing it.

This project began for a personal travelling usb-stick OS. I couldn't get official debian-live to do what I wanted. I found later a lot more can be done with it.

You're probably right to keep in the "experimental" department for now although I'm finding it good enough for my main system. I've kept it as pure Debian as possible but there won't be official support from Debian for this or Trinity.

Re the cups setup : I don't do much printing, will look at that later. There are reports on the Trinity mailing list that Trinity printer setup doesn't work properly, localhost:631 in a browser does.