Re: [LUG] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Help Please - Debian Lenny Disk

On 26/02/11 11:02, David Bell wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2011 10:44:42 David Hare wrote:
>
>> My other dislike of Squeeze is grub2. I cannot see why it is better. I
>> use grub-legacy.
>
> What's better about It!

Should that be a question mark?! I think for the end user there really
is almost zero gain going from Grub-Legacy to Grub2.

The changes were made for technical reasons, and practically no work
goes on in grub-legacy these days, so some day soon you'll buy a
computer (or phone or whatever) that grub-legacy can't boot for some
silly reason, and THEN you'll face the "patch grub legacy or make the
switch dilemma". As such one might as well get comfortable with the new
beast.

Lilo (mentioned elsewhere) is still making releases, I use to be a fan
till distros started interoperating better with GRUB. Lilo use to do
mirroring "right", where as GRUB needed teaching, these days the main
different is Lilo is one step to forget extra on each major change to
booting.