Re: [LUG] OT: Fibre to the cabinet

On 23/02/11 20:49, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Your ability to get FTTC will depends on BT putting fibre to the cabinet
you're served off - do you know where it is, and if BT have been working
on it yet? If your phone lines are overhead, see if you can follow them
back to the box. I really don't know what their policy is for Cornwall
at present - whether they're really doing *all* the cabinets or just
most of them. I know that there is a plan to offer satellite to fill-in
some really remote houses/farms though...

Hopefully it's not like Basingstoke, I hear that BT have enabled some but not all cabinets on an exchange, guess it's not so cost effective to do some, but on the other hand I suppose Cornwall getting funding might mean that more cabinets get enabled (if it's viable).

Rob