Re: [LUG] OT: Fibre to the cabinet

Update on my FTTC connection well so far,  both good and bad.

The extra speed is nice when it works... more on that in a moment.
The downside to FTTC is that if you are on one of the smaller FTTC cabinets there is a major issue with speed. The speed I get from bt's speedtest website (the only on one you can use for BT to realise theres a fault) vary from under 1 meg up to 37.8. Having reported this to entanet several times, I kept getting no fault found from BT. Luckily on monday night, I got a very very slow speed test, promptly reported to entanet, escalated to BT. Finally I have a phone call from BT saying there is a configuration issue on all of the mini cabinets they have deployed around several parts of cornwall and northern ireland.
This dslam update is being beta tested on a few dslams in northern
ireland also on the greenbottom dslam (cabinet about 1.5 miles from
here).

If anyone on the list is looking at getting FTTC, it may be worth waiting for BT to fix these speed issues.

Andrew