[LUG] 256 mb rambus computer

hi

ideas wanted please on how to do this

i was thinking as this is going to be too low spec to run anything graphical

If we install a hard disk and a basic debian along with a cd / dvd recorder could we use it to create copies of ubuntu or what ever from iso

what we would need is a script to

ask user to inset blank cd-r
mount this cd
give user a list of isos to choose from
user selects and a cd is made to suit, as in iso burned to cd
cd unmounts
cd ejects
script exits

it was possible to create nice menus in ms dos, now given shells are far more powerful than dos was i am sure its possible.

ok its more complex than that but i am sure someone here can come up with something that would work

however if we can make use of as many computers as possible than that is a good thing eh

just an idea,

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day