Re: [LUG] meeting friday + update

On 11/02/11 18:15, Paul Sutton wrote:
With regard to a meeting suggested by rob beard next friday evening

neil from the lighthouse is happy for us to meet up on friday at 7:30 there is a gig on that evening so i am trying to work out how we can get in without being changed but at the same time they have a duty to know who is in the building, (fire regs mainly i guess) when lucy gets back to me on my suggestion i will report back.

been busy to day sorting through all the computer bits up stairs also moved the lug pc's up to the same place so we now have room we can work in, neil is going to get hold of some power supplies so we should have a few more pc's in addition to the ones we know work there seems to be enough ram to get things up and running, the one that needs rambus now has 256 mb ram, not much but i am sure we can use that pc for somethingl. not sure what yet. but it works.

he is also happy for us to meet on a saturday, (discuss friday perhaps) that will mainly mean dan (lives in the flat) can open up lets say at 11am on a saturday we meet with neil briefly, do what we want to do during the day and at an agreed end time say 3pm and dan can meeg with us and lock up neil may be able to meet so we can report what we have done and ask questions as to the next step.

there is now a time scale for all of this as the internet cafe is linked to a project for teaching music, (using macs which they either have or are getting) once that is set up funding will be released. neil is going to put all the cat 5 stuff in place inc conduit and in the short term run a multiway socket from out side that upstairs area, where we met the first time all met up at the lighthouse. once funding is released they can get someone in to put electrical cable in to the conduit, so should be a quick job.

 i will let neil explain further, on friday

hope this helps

paul

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day

that should be charged not changed.