Re: [LUG] lane does something sensible?

On 20/01/11 09:09, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 20/01/11 08:49, tom wrote:

My experience of mobile is that coverage round here is about 10% - mine
wont even work in Bradworthy!
Tom te tom te tom

To be fair, Tom, I understand that Bradworthy is a mobile blackspot. No mobile networks are any use there. Or have I been misinformed?

Neil

Our kids go to school there and the missus got a new phone with a different network and that's OK there. I got her old one which is on Orange. I dont use it much - partly because it doesnt work when I try it and partly because theres an old trick called 'planning and organisation' which we used to use before mobile and its a lot more efficient than 'I'll ring up when I really need to know and waste someone elses time as well as my own'. I've just looked at 3's coverage round here and in-house BB covers maybe 5% of the area and perhaps 20-30% of the population. And I bet thats not taking into account trees and cob walls.
Tom te tom te tom