Re: [LUG] lane does something sensible?

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

On 20/01/11 08:49, tom wrote:

My experience of mobile is that coverage round here is about 10% - mine
wont even work in Bradworthy!
Tom te tom te tom

To be fair, Tom, I understand that Bradworthy is a mobile blackspot. No mobile networks are any use there. Or have I been misinformed?

Three reckons mobile data will work outdoors - which means it's right on the edge..

This is one thing I do mutter about - they have 98% of the population covered, but only 75% of the surface area... (all mobile networks use this metric, not just three) I only have 2G coverage at home via O2 and O2 say they have no plans to upgrade the base, so based on the experience of my wifey using Three (7Mb/sec), I'll be jumping ship to them quite soon.

And I know it's not the ideal solution, but there are various antennae extenders avalable - I've even seen one that wraps round a USB dongle to provide an external antennae and been told it's actually very good!

Gordon