Re: [LUG] Helpdesk software ?

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Aled Parry wrote:

Anyone here use any sort of helpdesk software?

You know the sort of thing - you email into support, get a ticket number back and then (hopefully!) someone deals with it ...

Have you tried OSTicket? It's easy to setup, relatively simple to use, open source and I believe it handles multiple methods for setting up new tickets and such. I've only tested it but I plan on setting up a live version for a couple of websites I help run. Here's the link: http://osticket.com/ hope it's of some help!

Well I have to say that this appears to be the best one to suit my needs of the ones I've tried so-far.

Got a bit of work to do to customise the automated replys, but that would be the case with any of them, but I've taken the step of directing my support email into it for a while - nothing like trial by fire :)

Thanks!

Gordon