Re: [LUG] IPv6

On 24 November 2010 15:40, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cheers (from 2001:4d48:ad51:8900::1 - DNS tomorow ;-),

How did you manage to get them (Entanet) to enable IPv6 for you?

While I'm not with Entanet anymore, when I was with them I was in
their IPv6 "trial".

I seem to recall that it took them months to reply to my request
e-mail, and other people I know emailed them several times without
response. Did you apply ages ago or are you just lucky?

As for IPv6 adoption, it would be nice if some serious players in the
Internet world would show some leadership and make the transition. I
guess it's a little difficult, since (IIRC) some OSes/stacks/software
don't always respond well when there are both A and AAAA records.
Visiting the same few IPv6 enabled sites is not fun.

Shaun