Re: [LUG] IPv6

On 24/11/10 21:06, Rob Beard wrote:

> Saying that, what about routers such as off the shelf Netgear, Linksys
> and Belkin etc routers (i.e. not ones that run something like DD-WRT),
> would they need replacing or is it possible to somehow tunnel over IPv4?

My linksys will run a free firmware that should do native IPv6, but as I
said the original vendors support desk sounded rather vague about
firmware images in case the reflashing went wrong and I wanted to back out.

Probably should go there, as it would solve a problem at work with some
hideously over involved NAT rules (when both ISP and hosting providers
are keen to do IPv6).

 Simon