Re: [LUG] File Changes

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010, Gibbs wrote:

I've made quite a few changes to a to an e-commerce system called Magento and a CMS called MODx. As some of these changes are to core files if either gets updated the changes made will be lost which would be terribad on a production server.

I'm pretty sure I've seen automated documentation when compiling programs that list changes. Basically I'm looking for a tool that will compare files and output the differences (and new code additions).

Any suggestions?

diff and patch.

You diff your changes against the original, then patch the changes back into new versions... Which works most of the time ;-)

Gordon