[LUG] File Changes

I've made quite a few changes to a to an e-commerce system called Magento and a CMS called MODx. As some of these changes are to core files if either gets updated the changes made will be lost which would be terribad on a production server.

I'm pretty sure I've seen automated documentation when compiling programs that list changes. Basically I'm looking for a tool that will compare files and output the differences (and new code additions).

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Gibbs