[LUG] csv file editor

Anyone know of a good editor for delimited text data files (csv, tab
delimited etc.)

I need it for directly creating data files for R. I can export from a
spreadsheet but that is cumbersome.

I am aware that CSVed - which would be exactly what I am looking for -
will run under Wine, and I think there is a mode for emacs (although
only beta), but I'm looking for something native Linux (unlike CSVed)
and easy to learn (unlike emacs)

I have looked at google-refine, but that won't create files, although it
looks very good for correcting data errors.

I am happy with either gui or command line.

Many thanks

Phil