Re: [LUG] New PC

On 28/10/10 16:34, John wrote:

New machine arrived, very, very impressed by it and also by Overclocker
UK's sales/staff/quality/build.

<snip>

As for the machine itself, its incredibly. From the grub menu I would
say much less than 10seconds to a fully loaded desktop (with all my
applications installed again), application loading times... I remember
those, haha ;)

Gimp with extra plugins, many fonts, G'Mic pack.... 2 seconds to load.
Open Office Writer, 1second or less.
Chrome with around 10tabs.. under 1second.

Thanks for those who gave advice, much appreciated.

Sounds good. I'd love to get an SSD for my notebook but until I sort my desktop PC out I'll probably not be able to afford a big enough SSD (or give up on the space). Maybe when I buy a new laptop in a couple of years SSD might be fitted as standard.

Anyway, good to hear it's all working okay.

Rob