Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 09:21, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 23/10/10 08:57, Tom Brough wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>>   need I say more.
>>

> Nope, you don't need to say anything, it shows how much some of the
> council tend to be a bunch of jobsworths.
>
>> When I have calmed down and had time to think about it, i will word a
>> very carefully crafted reply and CC to Adrian Sanders. At the moment the
>> words frustration and anger just don't cover what I am feeling.
>>

> Good idea.  I really can't understand why the power supplies need
> testing, I mean they are class 2 devices, so as long as they're not
> falling apart it shouldn't be a problem (as previously mentioned, by
> Gordon I believe).
>
> http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=223&threadid=28780
>
>> I'm pulling the plug on the 6th November meeting and will not be gracing
>> Paignton Library with my presence until these draconian dimwits stop
>> their bureaucratic nonsense.
>
> Fair enough, it's a shame but what can you do?  Maybe we can look for
> alternative locations, even if it's just another cafe somewhere (other
> than the Shoreline of course).
>
> I'll keep an eye out on my travels.
>
> Rob

I will ask around,  i guess we simply need somewhere that has tea /
coffee, soft drinks and perhaps sells cakes and simple food,

there are several cafes around paignton,  if they have wifi its a bonus
but don't bank on this.

Paul

--

23rd October - Exwick Community Centre 14:00
6th November - Paignton Library 13:30 start cancalled need to find an