Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 08:57, Tom Brough wrote:
<snip>

  need I say more.

Nope, you don't need to say anything, it shows how much some of the council tend to be a bunch of jobsworths.

When I have calmed down and had time to think about it, i will word a
very carefully crafted reply and CC to Adrian Sanders. At the moment the
words frustration and anger just don't cover what I am feeling.

Good idea. I really can't understand why the power supplies need testing, I mean they are class 2 devices, so as long as they're not falling apart it shouldn't be a problem (as previously mentioned, by Gordon I believe).

http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=223&threadid=28780

I'm pulling the plug on the 6th November meeting and will not be gracing
Paignton Library with my presence until these draconian dimwits stop
their bureaucratic nonsense.

Fair enough, it's a shame but what can you do? Maybe we can look for alternative locations, even if it's just another cafe somewhere (other than the Shoreline of course).

I'll keep an eye out on my travels.

Rob