Re: [LUG] Combining two drives into one

On 21/10/10 20:17, kevin wrote:
What distro do you have ?
In fedora Logical Volume Manager does just this
Combines many disks in one volume.

Just fire it up and point it at the two disks

Be warned though once converted to LVM you can't see the disks in any
other Distro which isn,t running LVM.

Would that overwrite what data is already on the drives though?

I did give it some more thought actually, rather than me having to buy a 2TB drive, I could get a 1TB drive and use that with LVM and another smaller hard drive (such as a 250GB one I have kicking around) to get the data off it.

Rob