[LUG] Adrian Sanders's Question.... Francis Maude's reply

Adrian emailed me today to let me know the reply to the question he
proposed, unfortunately he did not let me know the wording of the
question prior to asking it, otherwise I might have asked him to change
it. However here is the Question / Reply....

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2010-09-14a.14369.h

I have written back to him, thanking him for asking the question,
informing him that I was already aware of everything mentioned in the
supply, and that it was disappointing because procurement guidelines
could be seen as just guidelines and therefore ignored.

I have also made a counter suggestion, asking if it is possible to set
up a list of preferred open source applications similar to the list of
preferred IT contractors and suppliers.

Tom.