Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day -

On 19/09/10 19:45, Paul Sutton wrote:

Rob

Wikipedia:
"Since 2006 Software Freedom Day has been held on the third Saturday of
September. Because of this, Software Freedom Day has occasionally
coincided with International Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Which would indeed put it on 17/09/11.

Grant.

Ok so do we go for an event in
1. Paignton / South Devon

2. Somewhere more central e,g Exeter which is easier to get to for
people in other parts of Devon.

3. Or do we go for several smaller events but register as DCLUG so we
can get a larger number of resources.

Not sure, guess it depends on venues. There's the Lighthouse (possibly), Exwick Community Centre (possibly), maybe there's other locations across Devon & Cornwall.

The Lighthouse isn't too bad for parking (well, there is a car park behind it which is owned by the Inn on the Green although it's not a Torbay car park, failing that there is the multi-story near by too).

Exwick parking isn't so good, there are about 4 shared spaces outside and a few side roads where parking might be possible although maybe not big enough for lots of visitors (unless visitors park further and walk). The advantage of Exwick though is promotion, there is a large residential area surrounding the centre and there's lots of community involvement so maybe it's possibly a good option.

I've still not heard back from St Peters Church in Chelston, I'll probably chase them up in the next couple of days.

Rob