Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day -

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

On 19/09/10 19:45, Paul Sutton wrote:

Rob

Wikipedia:
"Since 2006 Software Freedom Day has been held on the third Saturday of
September. Because of this, Software Freedom Day has occasionally
coincided with International Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Which would indeed put it on 17/09/11.

Grant.

Ok so do we go for an event in
1. Paignton / South Devon

2. Somewhere more central e,g Exeter which is easier to get to for
people in other parts of Devon.

3. Or do we go for several smaller events but register as DCLUG so we
can get a larger number of resources.

Not sure, guess it depends on venues. There's the Lighthouse (possibly), Exwick Community Centre (possibly), maybe there's other locations across Devon & Cornwall.

I'd suggest that if we're going to do it, then we need to do it in a good, centrally located location and not much about in little town halls/community centres or "rock cafe's" ...

So - Exeter or Plymouth and somewhere easy to get to from the M5/A38/A30 with good conference facilities. So a big hotel, Sandy Park, or somewhere like that. The down-side is that that'll cost money.

Gordon