Re: [LUG] Linux installations from MS that "stuck"

On 15/09/10 12:35, Dan Dart wrote:
Aren't Google planning an Android desktop OS
www.android-x86.org/

Actually I think ChromeOS is probably nearer to it than Android. I believe Intel are going to be pushing Atom (a new lower power variant released next year) in smart phones and mobile internet devices, presumably this would run either MeeGo (or whatever it's called this week) or Android.

For me, I stuck with Ubuntu because it worked unlike windoze.
I like security, freedom, things working. Everything works.

Same here, everything works for me with Ubuntu.

I sync to my iPod every so often, I don't see it as a major hurdle to
not have iTunes how Rhythmbox can sync and get music.
It's removed people's "one reason to switch back" and for that I'm
happy. I now see no reason to go to anyone else's (once the iOS
firmware restorer is done).

Ahh I don't have a fruity device, my mobile plays MP3s (and videos now I've figured out how to convert it) perfectly fine for what I want.

Rob