Re: [LUG] Fwd: Blast from the past

On 25/08/10 15:38, Paul Sutton wrote:

I am sure i have programs in some issues of your sinclair that mixed
basic and Hex,  or rather as part of the program the hex would be poked
in to the upper address spaces.  32768 - 65535 area, or was 32000 i
think hex started at.

of course you could do things like poke 23609,255 to make the keyboard
beep on key presses.

Paul

I vaguely remember a command on the CPC (can't remember the actual command name) which did something similar (okay I gather there was poke and peek). I used to enter random numbers just to see what would happen.

I remember the hex type-ins too. Tried one on a friend's Speccy and gave up due to lack of patience.

Rob