Re: [LUG] Fwd: Blast from the past

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Julian Hall wrote:

'In our regular series about makers, hackers and amateur technologists, BBC News meets the people giving the classic BBC Micro a new lease of life.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10951040

One for the oldies among us... I still have the 7500 lines of BBC Basic I did for my A Levels.... looks bloomin' nasty now I go back to it :)

Hm.. From the article:

  "Because there's no copy and paste, if you do something wrong it takes
  time to go back and fix it," said Joe Gritton. "You cannot take out
  sections and move them around."

There very much was copy & paste on the BBC from what I remember. I'm also fairly sure the renumber command could move blocks of lines about too.

My BBC B was stolen when I lived in Bristol. I really missed it too. I'd put it in a split case with external keyboard, so I guess they thought it was a "PC". Took my trusty old Epson FX-80 printer too. I had some nice print software and speech units and the 256K sideways RAM expansion units as well as the 4MHz processor upgrade... ah well...

Gordon