Re: [LUG] Make Ubuntu look like windows 7 - Ease the transition?

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM, John <john@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wouldn't use it myself, and Grant sums it up nicely. It is a pretty
> impressive copy though and would be popular with some folks. Win7 is
> pretty nice looking to give it credit (excluding the shipped wallpapers,
> which are not to my taste at all)
>
>> Speaking of glitz...
>>
>> http://maketecheasier.com/10-of-the-best-linux-desktop-customization-screenshots-to-inspire-your-creativity/2008/11/28
>>
>> Shows off some impressive features. Not that I use them, but they do
>> seem to make windows users take note ;-)
>>

> They seem universally awful looking to me, with the exception of the one
> minimal one 3rd from bottom, that ones not bad.

hahaha! "Universally awful" lol - I think that was the term used on my
school reports haha.

> You can see better on just about any page of the monthly screenshot
> thread in Ubuntuforums; Augusts is located here :

Nice photo :-)

> Each to their own of course, taste is not universal or even present
> going by some of the shots in the second link ;)

I never said I actually liked the look of the desktops (though i think
some a pretty good). Rather, I was pointing out the "features" such as
docks and cubes etc that the linux desktop is capable of - which has
made a few windows user friends of mine take note.

Best wishes
roly :-)