Re: [LUG] Drupal for DCGLUG site

On 10/08/10 07:24, Roland Tarver wrote:

> All Noted. Would be nice to increase the traffic further. Would it be
> easy to permit lug members to view the site statistics?

I believe drupal can keep some stats, so should be easy to show any
stats that Drupal keeps.

> What is the best way of increasing traffic to a site?

I could redirect 100,000 lost Chinese visitors a week from one of the
sites at work which occasionally gets buried in Chinese users being
redirected to the wrong domain name, but I don't think it would benefit
the world.

> I know there are
> tons of search engine optimisations that can be made, but is the
> production of regular, good quality content still the best method to
> steadily increase site traffic?

As long as the site structure isn't too broken (i.e. the search engines
can read it and recognize pages for what they are), and the content is
original and relevant, new content is probably best.

The archive generates a fair amount of the traffic, because the problems
we have are often the problems other people have.

Probably best way to improve the utility of the archive is for people to
ask better questions (and hopefully others will be able to give better
answers), by including all relevant details when asking a question, and
making it clear what circumstance something fails in, what the errors
received are.