Re: [LUG] Wifi torbay

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010, Paul Sutton wrote:

On 09/08/10 22:24, Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

I was just looking at something on Facebook and then came across Wifi
Torbay - http://www.wifitorbay.co.uk/

Looks like someone has been installing Wifi Hotspots across Torbay
(which seems like a reasonably good idea).

But... hmmm, their logo looks strangely familiar (Debian logo anyone?).

It seems the site is created by D-V-E Media (I've seen their animated
displays around Torbay).  Shame their web site doesn't work very well
though, lots of broken links.

By the way, are they free to use the Debian logo in this way?

Rob

Even less helpful the contact page is broken, if you click on the html /
css links they show errors in the code.

says a lot about the company that made the site eh

Paul

You could always knock on their door:

 Registrant's address:
        Unit 1, Parkside House
        Higher Union Lane
        Torquay
        TQ2 5QR
        United Kingdom

Or from the netpods site:

    Registrant's address:
        The Penthouse
        109 Union Street
        Torquay
        TQ1 3DW
        United Kingdom

But more importantly, has anyone found one of their hotspots yet?

Hm. Some of their site is working - the link to 'netpods' and they have 2 hot spots in Torbay:

  TORQUAY - Fleet Walk Shopping Centre (Printers Square)
  BRIXHAM - Ace Taxis Office

Coin operated wi-fi... Fascinating!

Gordon