Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On 28/07/10 17:59, Adrian Midgley (Gmail) wrote:

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 13:37 +0100, John Williams wrote:

An effort to use it sensibly would help.

Comments of sensible use only come about because we are told that blah
blah percent of customers "abuse" their connection here.

If you say so, my thought however was about HTML emails, and emailing
Word documents to large numbers of people rather than placing them on a
webserver or other shared storage; writing lean web pages which load
fast on slow connections and so on.

Not just an Internet problem. Quite often at work we get people
emailing attachments then a few minutes later sending another
copy after spotting a mistake in the original version.
Whereas with the sensible alternative it wouldn't matter how
many errors needed correcting and wouldn't eat up several hundred
times the size of the file every time.