Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 13:26 +0100, Adrian Midgley (Gmail) wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 01:02 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
> > 'Britons are not getting the broadband services they are being sold,
> > suggests a government report.  Ofcom's analysis of broadband speeds in
> > the UK shows that, for some services, 97% of consumers do not get the
> > advertised speed.'
>

> An effort to use it sensibly would help.

Comments of sensible use only come about because we are told that blah
blah percent of customers "abuse" their connection here.

In countries with good infrastructure and and no silly quotas there is
no mention of "sensible" use. Its just there to be used without any
problems.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides