Re: [LUG] Sharing calendars: outlook

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 08:40:19PM +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:

> Might help us if we knew what the overall objective is.  Google may not
> be the right answer.

Sorry:

-   Outlook apparently has a calendar "type" feature eg Home, Job1, Job2
    etc.  In which each calendar can apparently be managed separately.

-   In this case, my sister and I are managing my mother so that if my
    mother rings one of us; we know what should be happening.(Thankfully I
    pushed for a lasting power of attorney which makes life MUCH easier).
    Anyway my sister has an outlook sub-calendar called "mother".

-   I use remind, in which all calendar entries can be a series of simple
    text files. I can import/export google calendar entries, ditto ical. I
    can also print particular text files out to html or pdf. However I do
    not know how to manage outlook.

    Evolution will not work: again that is the same as remind: either
    google or ical. (Or Exchange)

So problem: how can I read her outlook data without her printing it out and
posting it to me.

Does anyone know the file format for outlook .csv export from the calendar?.

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.