Re: [LUG] Sharing calendars: outlook

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 01:50:09PM +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:
> On 7/18/10, Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can anyone help me explain to a non IT person how to export dates from
> > outlook? I have suggested Google but apparently that does not work or
> > something...
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience with www.icalshare.comj?
>
> > Henry
>
> Outlook itself does not support sharing/exporting as ical anything
> other than individual calendar entries, unless we're talking about an
> account on an Exchange server and even then you can only share with
> others in Exchange.
>
> There is a Google/Outlook sync tool around - it works quite nicely.
> Can't remember its name though.  Goosync, maybe?

Thanks: its setting it up remotely that is the problem for
- a non IT literate sister with
- a council owned computer using outlook
- and maybe said employer does not like google calendar (not sure on this)

Not really sure whether it is the sister or the employer that is the
problem

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.