Re: [LUG] Laser printer recommendations

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

On 15/07/10 14:29, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Hm. It's made me think about my old printer - HP 4600CN - it's a 4-toner
colour laser with duplexer... Toners are about £100 each - bit cheaper
if I shop around, however it does need a service. It's now about 7 years
old, wondering if it's worth servicing or getting new. It's leaving a
vertical smear down one side of each page - not bad, but irritating, so
something probably needs a good clean... Anyone know any good servicing
companies in Devon?

Gordon

You could try Inkost.com in Newton Abbot. They're based down on the Brunell Road Industrial Estate. IIRC they charge about £40 for a callout or you can drop the printer down to them and they'll be able to give you an estimate for repair.

I've used them once, and they were pretty good. They also do refurbished printers too.

Will give them a call, thanks.

Gordon