Re: [LUG] NHS plans to migrate Drupal to incomplete Sharepoint

On 08/07/10 14:37, Adrian Midgley (Gmail) wrote:
"Dear eSpace Members,

We are writing to inform you that the current supply and maintenance
contract for the existing eSpace platform ends this September. A
decision has now been reached to migrate the service to SharePoint WSS
3.0 as this is an option we can achieve without external resources and
it will allow us to continue supporting communities by offering a
collaboration tool.

So that translates to...

"Our IT team are a bunch of MCSE certified Microsoft drones who don't want to take the time to learn Drupal and we're too cheap to get some experts in, we'd rather spend the money on Sharepoint-less."

There will inevitably be some loss of functionality in moving to
Sharepoint. This is unavoidable due to the restrictions that have been
placed on resources for the project. However, the transition to
SharePoint should be considered to be a phased migration, and what
functionality we cannot include at first we may be able to add in 2011
on a priority basis.

"We'll add the same functionality when Microsoft either release another service pack or force us to pay through the nose for the next enterprise release of Sharepoint."

<snip>

We hope to make the transition as smooth as possible for our users. If
you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at
nhscfh.espace@xxxxxxxx

"Expect things to break, we'll be too busy to answer phones so send us an e-mail and we'll sort it out.... eventually".

Rob