Re: [LUG] Compiling a Kernel for troublesome hardware

On 02/07/10 21:40, Rhia Knowles wrote:
It depends on the distro in question.

Mint 8 will boot, but even in compatibility mode Kernel Panics.

Mint 9 and Lucid just freeze when I connect to Wifi.

As I've never gotten far enough in the process to go from liveCD to
HDD, no logs to consult to find out why they spaz out. But 2 versions,
2 newer kernels, sounds to me like something vital on this machine is
no longer being supported.

Hmmm... hardware issue?

Some sort of incompatibility with the wireless card?

If you're going to be at the LUG meet on Saturday maybe we could all have a look and try and get to the bottom of it.

Rob