Re: [LUG] move user data and settings to new hard disk

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:18:06 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Roland Tarver wrote:
> Although I use and advocate Debian myself, I'm not sure why you'd
> want to try Debian - you might find it a bit "old" compared to Unubtu
> and some others.

Debian Stable, definitely.  Debian Testing, maybe.  Debian Unstable, no.

I had a Debian Unstable desktop for a couple of years.  Sometimes it
could be a bit hairy when multiple things broke, but I learnt a hell of
a lot about how Linux systems work whilst trying to fix it!

Grant.