Re: [LUG] Meeting 19th

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 10:25 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Paul's transport limited, so would be relying on someone else anyway - and
> I suspect it might just be him and one or 2 others at the Lighthouse -
> although I'm now torn between going to the LH or coming up to North Devon
> as I want to see what the LH is like - with a view to using it as a future
> regular meeting place in Torbay - because it might prove to be a nicer and
> more accomodating venue than the Shoreline...

There will be other months of course and it would certainly make sense
for you to check out the Lighthouse as a venue.

> So I'd not be too concerned right now - This shouldn't really detract from
> the regulars in N. Devon having a meeting, and you never know, if you get
> 'net connectivity and they get 'net connectivity in the LH, then you might
> just be able to hook-up!

I do now have mobile internet, however its quite limited on quota and
highly unlikely to be capable of conferencing. Unless Holsworthy has
decent 3G on Orange but even so quota is still a problem.

We have talked about the wifi internet access up here, but it was
unanimously decided it wasn't worth it for just a couple hours plus we
have to pay for it. Time goes fast enough in the meeting already, I know
I wish it was longer ;)

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides