Re: [LUG] any OO script experts around?

On 08/06/2010, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Morgan wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to do something simple, and it turns out not to be simple at
>> all ...
>
> Maybe doing it the wrong way?
>
>> oocalc -headless -p /path/to/sheet/sheet.ods \
>> "macro:///path/to/sheet/sheet/Standard.set_kit_num.main()"
>
> Define "path/to/sheet/sheet" it sounds a little vague.

/path/to/sheet/ is the nfs share all the machines have mounted

sheet.ods is the spredsheet

Standard.set_kin_num.Main() is the macro inside the spredsheet

> I can run a Macro in "My Macros" with:
>
>  oocalc new.ods "macro:///Standard.Module1.hello"
>
> Which runs the "hello" macro I recorded earlier, which writes "hello" in
> "D1".
>
> The whole process seems very cumbersome, each user would need the macro
> defined, couldn't help observing there is a Perl module in CPAN to do
> this sort of thing which looks like a sensible binding, which might be
> worth a look, especially for something like this (if the change doesn't
> need to persist).

It all seems a lot more complicated than it should be, and as I can
get 95% of the benefit for 5% of the effort by just printing the
spredsheet and filling in the numbers with a pen, I think I will give
up on this problem :-/

I do not want to have to set up every machine in the room indivually for this.

many thanks
Dave

--
http://www.morgad.co.uk/index.html