Re: [LUG] New router security

Julian Hall wrote:

> I hate to admit it on a Linux mailing list, but I probably have more
> chance of helping you out with the XP laptop than Mint.  Is XP seeing
> the network but unable to connect to it, or not even seeing it at all?
> If it is seeing it, is it saying it's a secured network it can't access?
>
> AHAH!  Thought for *both* laptops.  If you've chosen WPA2-PSK it could
> be that the WiFi cards in the laptops don't support it - it is fairly
> new.  Try setting up WPA-PSK and see if they'll connect using that.
> Failing that, try WEP - although as previously mentioned by others it's
> nto really recommended.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

At the moment XP is not seeing the network. (I have encryption off). But
I have just remembered. With the previous router I had to have the
aerial turned at an angle of about 15 to 20 degrees to the right before
the XP laptop (downstairs) would see the network. With the aerial
upright it did not find anything.

I will test that today to see if that solves the problem.

Regards

Neil