Re: [LUG] devede

On 16/05/10 18:24, John Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 15:47 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sun, 16 May 2010 15:23:37 +0100
Alex Mclennan<alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi all,
           I just installed devede from the package manager (mint 9)
but cant find it,as it has not put an icon any where,any clues as to
where it is or can anyone recommend software to convert avi to dvd.
The package from Ubuntu does not contain a .desktop file to put
into /usr/share/applications/, so a menu item will never be created.
There is a /usr/share/menu file, so it would appear in the standard
Debian menu but Mint probably drops that.
Odd, I only installed it 3 or 4 days ago on Ubuntu 10.04, it certainly
did make a menu entry under Applications / Sound&  Video, and as best I
can recall it was made correctly in Karmic (but I can't recall with
certainty)

I don't have the debian menu package installed. The package simply
called "menu" is the debian menu, correct?

hi to all,thank you all very much for your input,i turned the old steam engine on and devede appeared in the list of programmes.i shall keep all the emails as they are very informative.
alex the noob