Re: [LUG] devede

Alex Mclennan wrote:

>          I just installed devede from the package manager (mint 9)but
> cant find it,as it has not put an icon any where,any clues as to where
> it is

Aside from the other suggestions, if I install a package and don't know
where it put things (which happens quite often with server packages) I
just list all the files with "dpkg -L packagename". No doubt synaptic
can do the same.

$ dpkg -L apache2-mpm-prefork
/.
/usr
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/apache2
/usr/share
/usr/share/lintian
/usr/share/lintian/overrides
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/apache2-mpm-prefork
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/apache2-mpm-prefork
/usr/share/doc/apache2-mpm-prefork/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/apache2-mpm-prefork/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/apache2-mpm-prefork/copyright
/usr/share/doc/apache2-mpm-prefork/NEWS.Debian.gz
/usr/share/bug
/usr/share/bug/apache2-mpm-prefork
/usr/share/bug/apache2-mpm-prefork/script