Re: [LUG] Steam is coming to Linux

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 20:29 +0100, Dan Dart wrote:
> > Steam would run in Cedega (it won't btw).
>
> It works in XO Games, and Wine :D
> I played through Portal using Ubuntu... just so's you know! Brilliant game.

I don't think I have heard of XO Games, I'll give it a go in Wine though
tomorrow. I didn't really think to try that for some reason, heaven
knows why as its installed.

It is a brilliant game though I know, had Orange Box on the PS3, didn't
touch half life 1 or 2 but did almost finish Portal, last or next to
last level had me stumped as I recall.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, Steam in Wine is tomorrows task :]

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides