Re: [LUG] Install day - apt-cacher-ng

Dan Dart wrote:
Not everyone has the latest toys!
I see.

Just thought.. I used to have a 256-512 bb line, would take an hour to
get ubuntu but you could get alternate in less than the time it takes
to use the tiny ISOs and download.

...I think....

It took me 11 hours to upgrade to 10.04 - ok a lot of the time it was waiting for input and there is a lot more than the standard install but it still takes a long time. This technique is certainly worth looking into for install days where a lot of old equipment might turn up - and certainly for SOHO setups.
Tom te tom te tom